Why Do People Hesitate to Take Their Business Online?
Why Should You Take Your Business Online?
The importance of the internet is on all our minds. But do you think of how you can exploit the internet to increase your business’ ROI (Return On Investment) by taking your business online? If you answered “NO”, this is for you and it is assured that your answer will change sides at the end of the blog. If you answered “YES”, but do not know how to carry through then again this blog is in your favour.
Essentially, let’s divulge why you should take your business online. Thereof, we will compare a few basic matters of the online business and the offline business.
- Your offline business store runs from 9AM to 7PM, pauses after 7PM to get some sleep and loses a few potential clients/customers within the naptime. Although your online business will stay on the internet throughout the year, 24×7 without experiencing exhaustion. Closed hours for your business might lose potential clients but imagine what would happen if your online business stays open the whole time.
- Suppose a potential client contacts you from afar but needs some sort of credibility to advance, your online business will naturally have the upper hand than your offline business. Your online business will establish confidence not only for people around you but for people around the digital world.
- You don’t have to construct buildings to take your business online but only have to create a domain and host it which costs far less than a building. As a result, the use of the internet for business is cost beneficial.
Online businesses have several other perks. Customer management becomes advantageous. Communication accelerates between you and your client as well as among your employees. You can work from the comfort of your bed, at a cafe sipping coffee or even by the beachside provided you have a laptop with strong data connection. The list goes on. So, let’s arrive at an agreement here that the internet was made for business.
How Can You Take Your Business Online?
1) Your Business Online Might Need a Rebranding
Your branding will include elements of brand name, brand logo, theme line, brand colors and brand graphics. A rebranding package will generally include a new logo to identify your business, a visiting card for you to hand out during a new pitch, a letterhead for communication both online and offline and an envelope (on request) for offline purposes. Depending on your business needs, information brochures, menu cards, opening flyers or marketing creatives can be additionally included.
2) A Custom Domain Name and a Hosting Service For Your Business Online
You need to be wise while choosing your domain name for it should be the same as the name of your business, easy to remember and hard to misspell. Domain name and web hosting are two different services but a combination of both is a requisite to build a website for your business online. You can avail these services from two different companies or from the same. When you buy these services, the rights for the domain name and the web hosting is usually given to you for a period of 1 year. Once bought, you even have the option of moving your domain name or web hosting to a different service provider. Now you are set to start building your website.
3) Design and Develop Your Website
An additional element that must be considered while building a website for your business online is the visibility of your website. The number of websites on the world wide web is ceaseless and most of them go unseen into the belly of the beast. To make yours evident to the search engines, you need to improvise a few elements of your website to score brownie points for search engine visibility. The process of doing these things is termed Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The URL, meta title, meta description, H1 tags, copy and images of your website can be search engine optimized. The SEO revolves around keywords and will work as an organic marketing strategy for your business online.
Most viewers of your business online will be through mobile screens. So it is momentous to tune your website into a responsive site. A responsive website is one that adapts to the display size of the viewer, be it mobile or tablet. This can be adapted through flexible layouts and scalable media.
Creating a website is not the end of taking your business online. While your website is the destination, there is a journey yet to be traced out.
4) Announce on Business Online Directories
5) Whoop It Up With Social Media
Design your social media content strategy in a way that it gives only the trailer of what you are offering on your business website. If you reveal the whole picture of your business, your traffic will stagnate on your social media and won’t travel to your website. So characterize your online presence strategically without disappointing your audience with poorly planned content.
This an entire compilation of what you need to know before beginning your business online. In a nutshell, individualize your identity, pick a name and site, build your website, make noise on online directories and social media is all you need to do to take your business online. If you find yourself puzzled and need fixing, extend your hand to our website designing services. We will be delighted to meet your business minds, understand your needs, handle your business online and hoist it to the top tier of online businesses.